Kennedy Sutherland attorney, Patrick J. Kennedy, Jr., is honored to present at the “Crafting the Historic Tax Credit Deal” seminar on June 23, 2016 from 8am – 10am at the St. Anthony Hotel in downtown San Antonio, Texas.
With the new Texas Historic Preservation Tax Credit program enacted in 2015 (worth 25% of eligible rehabilitation costs for building listed on the National Register of Historic Places), historic and rehabilitation tax credits are increasingly part of the capital stack providing the equity gap between real construction costs and the value of the building once complete. There are a multitude of strategies being used to bring life back to underutilized properties.
Kennedy Sutherland will join other panelist in the field and walk through the basics of the federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits and structuring deals as well as use a regional case study to highlight the process and important issues to consider when using this financing tool.
Speakers for this forum include:
- Moderator: Albert Rex – Partner | MacRostie Historic Advisors LLC (Boston, MA)
- Historic Consultant: Bill MacRostie – Senior Partner | MacRostie Historic Advisors LLC (Washington, DC)
- Tax Attorney: Patrick Kennedy, Jr. – Managing Partner | Kennedy Sutherland LLP (San Antonio, TX)
- Tax Syndicator: Scot Butcher – Principal | Tax Incentive Finance (Providence, RI)
- Developer: Brandon Raney – Founding Principal | BC Lynd Hospitality (San Antonio, TX)
ULI Members: $25
ULI Young Leaders (U35) & Students: $20
ULI Non-Member (U35) & Students: $30