Kennedy Sutherland LLP is proud to announce that William D. Sutherland VI has been selected to serve on the Business & Community Lenders of Texas Board of Directors. The mission of Business and Community Lenders (BCL) of Texas is to further the economic development of Texas by promoting and assisting in the growth and development of small business concerns. BCL of Texas seeks to support in the diversification and stabilization of the local economy within its program charter boundaries and will assist in fostering job creation, and assists in the development of affordable housing to low and moderate income families.
BCL of Texas (formally CEN-TEX Certified Development Corporation) was formed in 1990 at the invitation of the SBA San Antonio District office to make commercial real estate loans for established central Texas businesses. Since then, BCL of Texas has grown to provide their services statewide, and have incorporated asset-building and home buyer education. Now with two locations open full-time to serve the needs of Texans, they are able to continue to develop new services and solutions for their customers.
BCL of Texas by the Numbers:
[list line=”no” style=”style3″]
- Created 5,255 jobs for Texans
- Provided 18,131 hours of free business development services
- Loaned $14,930,041 in business capital to growing businesses
- Administered 86,709,000 in business development capital for growth firms
- Underwritten $338,479,489 in business loans to growing businesses
- Assisted 5,137 families to achieve homeownership
- Invested $5,790,000 in income-producing real estate assets