Our attorneys work with a broad array of clients including individuals, entrepreneurs and start-up companies, established businesses, and nonprofit organizations to ensure compliance with complicated tax laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels. We regularly advise clients at every stage of the business life cycle, from planning and formation through operations and dissolution, to legally minimize tax burdens and maximize profitability. Our deep involvement with our clients allows us to detect tax concerns at an early stage and devise practical solutions and strategies that fit within our clients overall goals.
We have developed specific experience in a variety of areas including:
- Nonprofit and tax exempt organizations, including: formation, operational compliance, IRS exempt determination applications/state exempt proceedings, restructurings, and other business transactions;
- Business transactions, including: mergers and acquisitions, tax-free restructurings, choice of entity issues, and tax planning involving a wide range of formation, liquidation, investment and transactional issues;
- Tax issues in connection with business operations, including: equity, debt and hybrid investments, tax-advantaged borrowing, state and local tax credit and incentive planning, state income and franchise tax planning, and sales and use tax planning;
- Directors’ and Officers’ liability issues, source deductions and other statutory remittances; and
- Debt and debt forgiveness issues.