At Kennedy Sutherland we know that strong client relationships yield better results. We take the time to get to know our clients so we can develop the customized solutions that fit their needs. Our client-focused approach has earned us the trust of clients from across the United States, and we welcome the opportunity to meet your challenges as well. See below for some of the most recent experience the firm has handled on behalf of our clients.
Corporate Governance and Compliance[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Represented corporate board’s of directors in connection with special investigations including formation of special committees and internal corporate investigations and corporate decision-making
- Represented banks, bank holding companies and other corporations and their directors and officers in insurance investigations, claims, settlements including fidelity insurance claims, directors and officers policy enforcement and claims and commercial and general liability matters.
- Represented banks, bank holding companies and their directors and officers in connection with regulatory enforcement actions, including cease and desist orders, civil money penalty proceedings, federal deposit insurance termination proceedings, formal agreements, consent orders and formal and informal regulatory investigations.
Capital Markets and Securities[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Represented SEC reporting companies in connection with going public, going private and mergers and acquisitions.
Mergers and Acquisitions[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Represented banks and bank holding companies in successful sales to larger banks and in the acquisition of branches and banks.
Regulatory and Compliance[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Participated in a comprehensive rewrite of the Texas Banking Code under Governor Bush and spearheaded the nation-wide initiative to amend the IRC to permit banks and bank holding companies to elect Subchapter S tax treatment.
- Defended banks and financial institutions in connection with government civil and administrative actions under the Bank Secrecy Act.
New Market Tax Credits[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Represented a non-profit borrower and project sponsor in a $6.1 million New Markets Tax Credit financing and bridge loan from a national bank.
- Represented a LLC in a $7 million New Markets Tax Credit transaction involving the reopening of a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility in central Texas.
- Represented a national bank, headquartered in the Southeast United States, in a $8 million federal and state New Markets Tax Credit financing for city law enforcement center.
- Represented a non-profit borrower and project sponsor in an $11 million New Markets Tax Credit financing and related real estate transactions.
- Formed multiple new Community Development Entities organized by national banks in several states and assisted in New Market Tax Credit Allocation Applications.
- Represented a Community Development Entity in connection with five separate New Market Tax Credit transactions involving 50 million of allocation.
Subchapter S[list line=”no” style=”style1″]
- Filed and obtained private letter rulings and related guidance to cure inadvertent termination of Subchapter
- Advised multiple banks and bank holding companies on Subchapter S compliance issues and shareholder qualifications.
- Advised multiple banks and bank holding companies on shareholder agreement interpretation, amendment and related initiatives.
Let us know how we can help you by sending us a message or call 210.228-9500.